Friday, February 4, 2011

Innovative Brochure Design

Innovative Brochure Design

I was looking for cool samples of brochures and found this blog post: “Best of Brochure design – Cool Samples and Examples of Brochures” http://www.allgraphicdesign.com/graphicsblog/2007/12/06/best-of-brochure-design-cool-samples-and-examples-of-brochures/.

What’s interesting in most of these full color brochures is that they don’t fit the typical brochure mold. Most are odd shapes – not the rectangle you would expect to find in a brochure. Of course, that’s probably why they made it on to the list!

There’s one brochure for something called Elevate and the brochure unfolds, or elevates, into its unfolded form. I like that. I’m big about using words literally. I’m the kind of person who, when a song on the radio says something about “my sistas on the left,” I’ll look or point to the left. That’s why I like that particular brochure.

I also like the leaf-shaped brochure that looks like it’s in another language. Even though I can’t read it, I think it’s an innovative company for using a leaf for their brochure shape and using a green background for their pages. They also repeat the leaf shape as cutouts for images inside the brochure. Repetition is one of the keys to good and effective brand design. Repetition keeps things uniform and keeps the design focused. It also creates consistency, which makes design look more professional.

CONTINUE READING: Innovative Brochure Design

1 comment:

  1. I had seen many website.But when i see this website i am so attracted to this website.Here brochure designs are nice .

    ReplyDelete